Thursday, June 5, 2008

Hi!
I have returned from Costa Rica. Costa Rica is a beautiful country and my time there was wonderful. I now know how to paint, a great skill to posses. We painted three churches in the San Jose area. We also visited a volcano, an important Catholic Church, downtown San Jose, and spent the night at the beach. The two weeks in Costa Rica were great but I am glad to be back in the States as I prepare to leave in two short months.
I have moved out of my house in Anderson. It has been hard to leave my friends and the town that has become home but the future is exciting. I will be living in Fort Wayne and interning with an organization called Crossroad. This internship will provide me valuable experience that will be helpful both in Ethiopia and when I return and begin the job search. Living in Fort Wayne I will also be able to visit Anderson on occasion.
Preparations for Ethiopia continue. I have received introductions from the MCC Ethiopia team and the other three SALTers who will spend the year in Ethiopia. We will not be in the same city but will be able to connect with one another when we visit the MCC compound in Addis. I am keeping busy with the logistical parts of preparation such as visas, travel itineraries, shots, etc.
I have begun to read up on Ethiopia and am welcome to any book suggestions people may have.
That is my brief update for now. As I settle into the summer routine, I will post more updates.
Blessings

No comments: