Friday, August 8, 2008

We will go together

A few more hours and I leave Marion, Ohio and begin the drive to orientation. I am excited, nervous, and humbled. It is hard to believe this summer is over. It has passed swiftly despite my efforts to cherish each day. I am thankful for the amount of time I was able to spend with friends, family, and with God. I am learning to live life with no regrets and though I did not enjoy every moment of the summer I regret none - life is beautiful.
My mind scrolls like a new movie real, it knows what scenes must be played next but as the operator I am always wary of a skipped scene. But if I skip a scene will I really notice it has been skipped or will life go on despite the error. I think it is safe to say I have all the major themes in place the rest is extra added to enliven the plot.
I am packed and cautious that my bags are right at the fifty pound mark - I'm not sure how the light packer that I am managed to pack that much but I've never packed for a year before.
I am ready. Ready to hit the road finalize the goodbyes and fly into the distance.
I pray that I may continue to see God at work in each moment of my day that I may look back and say life is a beautiful gift from God and I have nothing to regret.
Goodbye my family. Goodbye my friends. Though miles may part may we travel together and may God go before.
Blessings on the journey.

No comments: