Tuesday, July 22, 2008


My Fire


Last Tuesday was a day of firsts. It was the first time I had gone on vacation without my family. It was the first time I had hiked for three hours without any idea where I was going. It was the first time I found over six ticks on my legs and had to pull them out. It was the first time I started a fire. It was the first time I attempted and failed to cook baked potatoes on camp fire. It was the first and only time I turned twenty three. It was a day filled with adventure. It was a great day spent with a very dear friend.
The lesson we learned from the day is we need to go camping without guys more often we learn more cause they won't do it for us - now I will argue that its not really guys but anyone who is more knowledgeable who can hinder you from learning new skills. To truly become proficient in something I must do it with my own two hands.
Here is my new first done with my own two hands. Enjoy the pictures from camping :).
Sunset

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely Sunset!

Patti Edmon Artist said...

Wow!!! Krista - your mom told me about your blog, which is great, but what you are doing is so incredible! I'll look forward to keeping up with you!
blessings,
patti edmon

p.s. visit my blog sometime, though it's not very humanitarian:)

Unknown said...

Hi Krista,

I randomly discovered your comment on Kristina's blog (she's a friend of mine from school), but as it so happens, I also happen to work at MCC where I do all the travel details for SALT, IVEP and YAMEN. So, I recognized your name from my many travel charts at work. Anyway, blessings on all of your preparations for Orientation! I can't wait to meet you there!

Melanie